Friday, May 13, 2011

Still in the United States

Sitting in the airport before the flight to Costa Rica, I feel so excited and a little anxious for what is to come. I have never stayed with a host family and I look forward to it! On this trip I am hoping to get the experience of what it is like for ESL students in classrooms and a culture that they are not familiar with. Along with this, I am hoping to learn as much Spanish as I can! I am also ready to eat the food and experience the Costa Rican culture. I have only ever heard positive things about this country and that makes me even more eager to arrive. One thing I have also never done is worked on a coffee plantation or peered down into a volcano from the top! The service project we will be involved in is sure to really open my eyes to everything that I take for granted. This entire trip is going to be a new experience for me because even though I have traveled out of the country, I have never been on a trip like this. I cannot wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment